Version 4.0 unifies all existing Huddle Hub One SRE (Single Room Edition) and Huddle Hub One MRE (Multi Room Edition) units into a single Huddle Hub product. The only product difference remains between Huddle Hub One (without internal Wifi) and Huddle Hub One+ (with internal Wifi).
WARNING: As an effect of the product unification, version 4.0 removes the availability of the extra Smart Rooms in Huddle Hub One MRE units.
FIRMWARE UPDATES - LOGICAL SCHEME
- All Huddle Hub 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x SRE will follow version branch 4.0
- Only Huddle Hub 3.x MRE (Multi Room Edition) will remain on version branch 3.3
This will preserve the availability of Smart Rooms with this version.
3.x MRE units can easily be updated to 4.x with a manual update.
FIRMWARE UPDATES - TECHNICAL SCHEME
From a technical perspective, all versions prior to 4.0 are temporarily updated to version 188.8.131.52, which will assign the correct update path depending on the firmware and SRE/MRE version. The Huddle Hub unit will automatically be rebooted twice to apply the new updates.
New features in 4.0
- New: Annotation feature
- New: Whiteboard feature
- New: Auditorium mode with USB input broadcasted to up to 150 participants
- Improved: Huddle, Meeting, Auditorium modes available for all units
-> Read the full Release notes
How to update
By default, updates are automatic on reboot (please check that "Automatically install new updates at boot"=TRUE and "Don't automatically apply major updates"=FALSE ) in the web admin configuration.
Huddle Hub is also updated automatically after a restore to factory (->Restoring a Huddle Hub unit).
To update manually, please go to the Downloads page and download the latest 4.0 version.
From the Huddle Hub web admin page, navigate to Huddle Hub -> Update -> Manually load the firmware, and select the <HHO_4.0.x.x.dat> file you just downloaded. The new firmware will be installed, and the unit rebooted.
Compatibility with clients
Huddle Hub firmware 4.0 requires all connecting clients (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS) to be updated to the latest 4.0 releases (->Firmware and app versions compatibility).
Restore to factory
If a Huddle Hub with version 4.0 is restored to factory defaults (->Restoring a Huddle Hub unit) the unit reverts to the firmware originally installed in the factory (typically 2.0, 2.3, or 3.0) and then, if connected to the internet, automatically update itself following the above path.
Maintenance of 3.3 version
Version 3.3 will be maintained only for bug fixes, no new feature will be implemented or released. The download of the 3.3 version is still available for compatibility with older installations.
Downgrading from 4.0 to 3.3
If you accidentally updated from 3.3 MRE to 4.0 and would like to downgrade in order to regain the extra Smart Rooms, proceed as follows.
- Download the most recent 3.3 firmware from this page
- Disconnect Huddle Hub from internet, by simply removing the ethernet cable, and perform a factory Restore
(->Restoring a Huddle Hub unit)
- When the procedure is completed, reconnect the network cable without rebooting, and access the web admin configuration
- Navigate to Huddle Hub -> Update -> Manually load the firmware, and select the <HHO_3.3.x.x.dat> file you just downloaded. The new firmware will be installed, and the unit rebooted